SABC’s Acting COO Craig Van Rooyen has advised some staff members to only return to work on Monday. This as clean-up operations are still underway following Wednesday’s diesel spillage.
Three SABC employees were admitted to hospital. This, after a diesel spillage from the backup generator caused them to inhale toxic fumes at the public broadcasters Radio Park building in Auckland Park on Wednesday morning. A City power outage resulted in the internal system switching to a back-up generator and due to the aging equipment, the diesel tank started overflowing.
For more news, visit: sabcnews.com