* Miles for Smiles Youth Day Fun Run is an initiative by the Miltons Matsemela Attorneys in association with Cipla Foundation and Trail Fun. This fun run is open to all ages and is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children born with cleft lips and palates.
All the proceeds from the event are donated to the Cipla Foundation Miles for Smiles initiative that raises funds for Operation Smile.
The event takes place from 10am this morning at the NSRI, Melkbosstrand – Beach Rd, and entrance fee is R90.
* Norval Foundation’s Concert Programme is presents Mandla Mlangeni live in concert this afternoon. Well, Mandla Mlangeni, who is the Standard Bank Young Artist for Jazz, will be performing with a seven-piece band live in Gallery 8. They perform pieces from “Born To Be Black: A Celebration Of Conscious Soul” – a musical vision which encompasses the echoes of South African township groove and no-holds-barred freedom alongside the vibrant chants of the drum. You can catch the event at the Norval Foundation situated in Steenberg Estate, and ticket prices go for R200 – R500.
* Exploitation of Black Bodies in the ArtsBlack Art and Communities at Heart brings the Exploitation of Black Bodies in the Arts dialogue that’s set to take place at the Khayelitsha Art School Institute.
The conversation addresses arising issues regarding the black body’s existence in art, and how it is mistreated and unappreciated for financial gain rarely contributed to the needs and uplifting of people of colour.
A few aspects that will be highlighted are issues such as the place of black artists, black art, and black communities in the democratic South Africa.
All this is taking place at the Khayelitsha Art School Institute & Rehabilitation Centre from 2 – 6pm this afternoon. and entrance is free.
* Classic and American muscle car show is a fun filled day with some incredible Classic Cars shown on display at the Bedford Centre Mall. If you around the area, you can check that exhibition out today, from 09:00 – 15:00. Entrance is free
* The Golf Course is your Playground for the Afternoon. Father’s day fiesta carnival will be creating a Giant Playground with a Carnival for Dads and Children to enjoy the afternoon together. This will be on the 16th June at the Houghton Golf Club, from 12:00 – 16:00 and entrance is R300
* Brixton Fietas heritage trek is a walking tour which is approximately 6.7kms long. Which aims to inform the Trekkers of the history in Brixton, Fietas, the forced removals in Pageview and area known as Cottlesloe. This will be happening at the Roving Bantu Brixton, on the 16th June, from 14:00 – 17:00 and entrance is R250
For more news, visit: sabcnews.com